OVERFLOWING WITH EMOTIONS




IT WAS FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was my initial opinion just after watching the movie. After giving it some thought, it actually is


AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Like really oh my god David Yates did not disappoint!!! I'm so happy!!! Some scenes were done just perfectly, some of the additional scenes were also good and I'm just overflowing with emotions!!!



***SPOILER ALERT. DON'T READ IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO WATCH!***



I teared THRICE!!!

I first cried before Snape died. The moment Lord Voldemort ordered Nagini to kill Snape it was like "Nagini, kill. *0.1 millisecond pause* BAM!"

AND THEN WHEN I SAW SNAPE'S BODY LIKE GETTING JOLTED BY EACH BITE IT'S JUST SO HEART WRENCHING LIKE OMG IF YOU READ THE BOOKS YOU WOULD KNOW!!!





And I cried again when they played the memory Snape gave Harry right before he died. LIKE EVERYTHING WAS EXECUTED PERFECTLY!!! OMG the scene where Snape was crying and hugging Lily Potter's dead body after she was killed WAS JUST... ARGH IT WAS JUST TOO MUCH TO HANDLE!!!

Then I cried again during the part where Harry used the resurrection stone!!! Omg I can't believe this is the first time I actually teared in the bloody cinema.

To be fair, everyone else was! Including this woman who even cried before the Warner Brothers logo even came out.


DISAPPOINT: (grammatical error intended)

I really hoped for them to stick as closely as possible to the book's rendition of the Battle of Hogwarts with all details inside, because it's essentially part of the climax! It was so intense in the books!

I really REALLY wanted to see Professor McGonagall send the benches and tables in the Great Hall charging towards the Death Eaters! I also really wanted to see Professor Trelawney throwing her crystal balls, as well as Harry witnessing Fred's death etc etc

Nonetheless, the mini-duel between Professor McGonagall and Snape made me love her more than ever! You go gurl! Only makes sense that you detest the person who stole your headmistress position!

The death scenes were also so brief! The Goyle dude was like, Ahhh! *dead and done*, Fred was like, just there, and so did Tonks and Remus.

And Bellatrix's death scene... I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO IT SO MUCH!!!

I was expecting Molly to really angrily bellow out "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!!!"

But what really happened was *frown* "Not my daughter, you bitch." *duel ensues*

First of all Molly and Bellatrix weren't even in a duel!!! Molly was supposed to hit a ~*harmless*~ spell squarely in her chest, causing her demise!!! That scene was really underwhelming. It was supposed to be done when everyone was looking, and Voldemort is supposed to get SUPER pissed because his best lieutenant died!

I also really wanted to see Neville kill Nagini in front of everyone :( Everything after Harry "died" went downhill steeply. Wasn't Harry filmed naked for the scene where he meets Dumbledore after he dies though? Not that I want to see that... *ahem*

So yea, I guess the Battle of Hogwarts was a letdown. Everything else was okay... I still feel sad though that there isn't going to be another movie, or even another book. I haven't read The Tales of Beedle the Bard yet! (Those who watched Part 1 / read the book would know)

But overall I think it really wraps up the whole franchise nicely.

***SPOILER OVER***

I remember myself watching the Sorcerer's Stone when it first came out and I ended up sleeping halfway through. Also happened for Chamber of Secrets and my mother didn't bother to bring me to watch one ever since HAHAHA.

I'm feeling very sad now so I shall stop typing anymore so I won't keep thinking about Potter. By the way I heard now the books selling for only $8 leh. Nabei. But mine is hardcover and they're selling the shitty paperback ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment