FIVE HUNDRED TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED MIIIINUTES ~Le 12 choices~

Though it didn't take me 525600 minutes to decide my 12 choices. I only took 10.

And here they are!

01. N67 - Mass Communication, Ngee Ann Polytechnic (COP: 10)
02. N85 - International Business, Ngee Ann Polytechnic (COP: 6)
03. S86 - Media and Communication, Singapore Polytechnic (COP: 12)
04. N87 - Advertising & Public Relations, Ngee Ann Polytechnic (COP: 12)
05. 22A - Arts, Anglo-Chinese Junior College (COP: R5 7)
06. 27A - Arts, National Junior College (COP: R5 5)
07. N82 - Film, Sound & Video, Ngee Ann Polytechnic (COP: 11)
08. N72 - Tourism & Resort Management, Ngee Ann Polytechnic (COP: 10)
09. S55 - Tourism & Resort Management, Singapore Polytechnic (COP: 12)
10. S97 - Music & Audio Technology, Singapore Polytechnic (COP: 12)
11. 28A - Arts, Raffles Institution (COP: R5 3)
12. 33A - Arts, Victoria Junior College (COP: R5 5)

As I mentioned on Twitter, my life... it's a mess! The list is backwards of what it should be LOL.

Either way, I'm happy with the choices I have made. No, the last 2 choices are not to troll anyone. I mean it for real! To me, distance plays an important part of my decision-making. RI is located at Bishan and VJC is located literally on the other end of Singapore. I can't!

I know you are probably fed up of me talking about this JC vs Poly thing but for some reason, the thought of going to a JC is still lingering at the back of my head.

Then as Sze Eng harshly reminded me of the cruel reality that is 1 hour PE lessons the idea immediately vanished.

This whole thing about everybody pressurizing me to choose another school reminds me so much of PSLE when I decided to appeal to JWSS instead when I got 220. I followed my intuition and hey, top scorer y'all! So now, I shall follow my heart as always.

Furthermore, I don't want to be the one who regrets attending JC and wish he had attended poly instead. I've heard one too many stories about that!

Just today I bumped into Ms Lin and asked her if she knew anybody who regretted going to a JC and she said no. On the contrary, it's always the other way round.

What if I get straight Bs for my A Levels? Or even half As half Bs? Bye bye, degree in Mass Comm, and I'm talking about good, reputable universities like Columbia University. Then I will reach the predicament of choosing a degree I don't give two hoots about, or even resort to SIM.

I think it's hilarious how when people get scores like, say, 9, which is close to MCM's cut-off point, people are all like "Oh wow that's a good course! Good choice! Not many people can get in! It's hard!"

But when I get 5 and I want to go to MCM everybody is like "WALAO EH MASS COMM DON'T NEED SO LOW TO GET IN WHAT GO JC LA GO JC LA" OMG FUCKING HYPOCRITICAL!!! I CAN'T!

It's not uncommon for single digit scorers to go into polytechnics, and it's not like I'm even going into Nursing.

People are acting like I'm the only 5-pointer opting for a Poly education in the whole of Singapore, when the fact is I'm only going to be the only top scorer from JWSS going the poly route, which, as an excellent segue, means I'll be setting 3 JWSS records!

 And as I've said before, going into Mass Comm has always been something I wanted, so scoring better than expected isn't a good enough reason to change my decision which was already made some 3 years ago.

Plus, I've already planned for my studies all the way to uni already, so I know what I'm doing, and things are going fine.

It takes courage to give JC a shot, struggle, and die, but it also takes courage to choose something against everyone else's wishes.


So bitch, please, I'm going to watch Siti Nurhaliza's documentary now.

No comments:

Post a Comment