CDs of the month (#30)

I'm sorry, there is just no excuse. Although I am totally going against my morals and integrity by setting this post's date to Saturday, I will hereby admit that I am typing this on 2nd September, 2AM. Boohoo!

Before the camp I wanted to actually write it then and schedule the post but I was too lazy to take photos so I told myself  that maybe I'd have time to blog before the day ended but I ended up taking a lovely 3-hour nap from 8PM to 11PM. What can I say, a man's gotta sleep.



(2012.08.08) ayumi hamasaki - A SUMMER BEST (2CD+DVD)

I've said it many times and I am not afraid to say it again. Ayu is a mess. BUT I cannot deny that the cover is smoking hot! Contrary to the other 2CD cover which is just horrid.

I thought this release was rather redundant and was just there to salvage her record of having a #1 album since her debut, since our dearest Party Queen got an unfortunate #2 earlier this year.

Guess what? This got #2 too! And this only sold slightly higher than PQ for its first week, at around 110k, which is just miserable and honestly shocked me too. Especially when this is made of Japan's 2 favourite things: summer songs and best albums. I really think it's Ayu's face on the 2CD cover turning off everyone.

I don't regret buying this album though because they are all remastered (for once, I can actually hear the difference on some songs) and it's just nice having all of Ayu's summer classics in one album.

Either way there's a new song called You & Me on this album and... it's my guilty pleasure. The arrangement is like, a super-cheap, poor We Found Love-wannabe.



But you know what? It still got stuck in my head ANYWAY. So annoying. The "ANO NATSU NO! OMOI DE WA!" keeps replaying again and again in my head.



(2012.08.15) Perfume - Spending all my time (CD+DVD | Limited Edition)

Perfume's latest single where the main a-side is entirely in English, probably because they are trying to enter the international market so they are starting to tilt towards that direction.

To supplement that, their producer actually gave a more mainstream pop sound that's so dominant in the Western market now it's kinda making them look like a sell-out, contrary to what their label said about how they won't change their sound for the market.

Perfume themselves didn't like the idea, and I don't like the song either, so I am glad that they used another song on the single, Hurly Burly, to promote it because I LOVE IT.

Of course, the lyrics totally blew my mind because of how... deep it is. Like I can totally feel the pain that the girls are feeling and... sorry I'm going to cry, but take a look:



I know





Le poster



The last CD of the month deserves a disclaimer, even though you might still judge me severely after that.

Oh my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee
And I detest this purchase
Because I dread the loss of money, and the pains of my ears.
But most of all because I love Thee,
And I want so badly to be good.





merdoner's latest ablum mdne (bonus points if you get the reference)

So when the album first came out it received raving reviews from critics, while on the other hand, the fans totally hated it so I didn't really know what to expect. And I was very stupid because other than the 2 lead singles released prior to the album, I never listened to the rest of the songs before buying it.

Also because I am a cheapo fuck I waited until there were sellers selling it for a cheap price on eBay and that was when I finally got myself a copy. Then I took a listen to the album. IT'S HORRIBLE. (I'm glad I didn't pay the full retail price)

I didn't know it was going to be this bad. I kinda had my suspicions because when I found out it was going to be a dance-pop record I already passed off this album as her being a sell-out. So yea, as a conclusion, I regret buying it and next time I'll probably listen to a Madonna album in its entirety online before actually buying it.

On the bright side, at least her team made the right choice of picking the correct lead singles which made me want to buy the album! Although Give Me All Your Luvin' was pretty bad, but just like Ayu's You & Me it's my guilty pleasure. See I'm being so HONEST

Ok bye bye bye bye bye bye bye

No comments:

Post a Comment