Hip Hop & Happenings

Oh god I've been so shit busy lately so many things happened and I don't even know where to begin!!! But I'll try to cover as much shit as I can.

This year is Ngee Ann's 50th birthday so there were like celebrations all over the past few weeks. NP is 50 years old and is hotter than me. You know why? BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING CROWDED!

I don't even know WHERE TO BEGIN because I don't even recall NP being this crowded last year (then again that's because I was part of the crowd) but yea. I've had it. OFFICIALLY!

Let's not even get started on how my timetable this semester is shitty because all my lunch breaks are situated somewhere between 11AM - 1PM.

Honestly NP should've scrapped some of the NP50 money to build a new food court. Or at least I hope they build a second floor to Makan Place after the construction and all that is done because I can't deal with this no mo. Mo people mo problems.

To add insult to injury I've had the misfortune of being in the same class as Nicolene for the third semester in a row.



Fuck my life.

NP also had a retro dress day and we just couldn't resist doing this



It looks so bad, I love it.

The best part is how it's supposed to look like this pic from That 70s Show:



Looks exactly the same!!!!!!! (and you may not be able to tell but Jeremy was photoshopped into the picture because he was the photographer HAHAHAHAHA)

The same night we also went for the NP50 charity concert which costs $20. Obviously I did not pay for that shit. I got tickets for free in exchange of sexual favours (this is false because nobody wants to do it with me) and I also brought Edrie along since he knew the choreographer! It was quite impressive and it actually wasn't boring! LOL

Apparently NP also does this Heritage Walk which happens either once every 10 years or once every 25 years (based on differing sources) so my school sent an email to me saying that I got selected. It's just about as exciting as it sounds. Exactly.

At first I didn't reply the e-mail because I thought it was just some other random event but because I didn't Mr Tan Heng Han CALLED ME when I was at piano club (which is funnier? You tell me) demanding me to like reply the email so ok lor.

I woke up shit early and reached school at 8:45AM wearing the ubiquitous NP50 shirt beyond my will. Dan used to say that for every NP50 shirt I see I'd have to shout "VAGINA" but guess who became a vagina for a day after all?

We got a goodie bag with a water bottle, an NP50 cap, an umbrella and a chocolate bun... all for... you guessed it... FREE!!! WOAHWOAWHOAHWHO

The weather was amazing as well. It wasn't sunny, it was really cooling, loved it. Until it started to fucking RAIN! 

As if that wasn't bad enough, the rain also made me discover that the free umbrella was too damn small!  That brings back horrid secondary school memories where I used a tiny umbrella and would always end up getting drenched from head to toe either way!! Urgh ~*my dark past*~

The path was so narrow, my feet were soaked and I was carrying my laptop at the same time! That was a walk I did not enjoy. I know it's all historic and shit but I was not there for the rain. Apparently the route walked by FMS was the only route that got affected by the rain too, so I guess I'll have to get a religion soon.

That night was a good night though because we had the NP50 celebration concert to end things with a bag! My shoes also dried by then so that's a plus.



This looks like those propaganda-esque pamphlet photos they mail out to parents all the time. Love it. And gurl my weave on point.

The NP50 shirt reminds me that after that night somebody posted on my ask.fm account complimenting on my "fashion sense". I don't know who is this bloody monkey but if this is because I wore the NP50 shirt ONCE AGAIN I HAD TO WEAR IT FOR THE HERITAGE WALK! #RUDE!!! NOT FUNNY HOR!



When will your school tbh? NP is seriously going all out man. How often do you turn 50 years old right.

That night was also the Dance 4 Fun competition where FMS won second place!!! I'm so damn proud, especially when we didn't even win anything last year.

I wanted to audition for this year's but decided that I'd probably be too busy + the dance training is sibei hardcore. Some more last year join already so I'd rather have other better dancers go for it lor. Just look at them slay them bitches hard:



HMS won the first place where Lana was dancing in and gurl she was serving me cornrow hair realness. Apparently they said the margin between the first and second place was only like 0.05 points or something so meh. A few days after that I read on NP Confessions where someone wrote "HMS and DE deserved getting the top 3!" Keep the shade coming, hun, keep 'em coming.


In other NP50-less related news... check out da new FMS Agents student management team y'allzzzzzz



AND OMGOGMOGGG I'M INSIDE!!!

So yea I'm part of the FMSA SMTs!!! I'm honestly DAMN happy with what I got (Admin and Finance) because I really think I can do all that nitty gritty work aka saikang work lor HAHAHA.

I'm also happy with the chosen SMTs this year - I really enjoy the company of every single one of them (except Nicolene) so I'm really excited at the prospect of working with all these sexy beasts. I'm also so proud of Cheryl Koh and Annetta for getting the President and Vice-President positions!



With the previous and current batch of SMTs in Admin and Finance hohohoho. Out of the 4 in the department I'm the only one in the other MCM semester though so that's pretty sad HAHA. I'm also the only guy there, but I guess with me the lines are blurred nowadays.


The last thing that happened this semester is... well, not a very pleasant one. There is a very deep background story to this that I hope everyone will take a few minutes out of their time to read.

I was supposed to help out for the Radio Heatwave auditions on one of the days in the morning early in the semester. Like 11AM. Unfortunately, on that day, I woke up on 11AM on the dot.

Fortunately, I apologized to Hannah (the new general manager, also my favourite tudung girl) and I told her that I will buy her a cup of teh bing as my way of saying sorry.

She wouldn't have any of it. She said that she was "atas" and she would only accept Starbucks. There is no other way.

Being the small fly of a deejay that I am there, I obliged.

That day, after school, I went to Starbucks and asked for an empty Venti cup and brought it home. The next day, before heading to the studio, I bought teh bing from Munch and poured it into the Starbucks cup.

I thought what I did was right - she asked for Starbucks, but didn't specify whether it was a Starbucks drink or a Starbucks cup. I appreciated that she gave me creative freedom over this. But eventually she had the biggest shock of her life, and it wasn't exactly pleasant.

She decided to get back at me. There was a rather unflattering photo of yours truly in the camera that was used to take photos during the Radio Heatwave auditions.

They say revenge is best served cold -- but in this case, she served revenge digitally.

By submitting my photo into the FMS' Next Fresh Face competition.

And here is the photo in question.



Fuck
My
Liiiife

And I didn't even realise that the photo was uploaded until 7 hours later when Xinyi sent me a screenshot over Whatsapp!!!! HAHAHA and some people even thought that I submitted the photo myself omfg I know I'm narcissistic guys but REALLY

The funniest thing is how the photo ended up getting the most likes?!?! Like around 200?!?! It's crazy! Never knew men looking like lesbian aunties looked so appealing to people.

But I have to say my smize is on point though. And I'm werkin that side tooch. Somebody said that I looked like Steven Lim. I think that is very rude and offensive to Steven Lim.

Speaking of Radio Heatwave, photoshoots are already starting this coming week!! I got the Hollywood KPO show (finally a topic I can talk shitloads about) with this Year 3 business studies girl called Ary!

Both of us are crazy AND we both have curly brown hair. It's the perfect match. And we're gonna pull all the stops for our photoshoots. Trust.

1 comment: