I never thought this would happen to me #2

Last year (or 2 years ago), I blogged my first case of "I never thought this would happen to me" when my house keys fell through the gap of the elevator. Here's part 2.

As I've learnt in many health education classes about Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease, seeing the gruesome pictures more or less made that phrase a very dirty word in my vocabulary. And at the age of 21, I would've never imagined that I would contract it in my life. Ever. Plus, I generally dislike terms with words relating to feet in them.

UNTIL I ACTUALLY GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first thing that came to my mind was how my unit is going to FLIP. And they really did. Because immediately after I was diagnosed with it and informed them about it, the entire camp went into hardcore mode and installed tens and hundreds of disinfecting hand sanitisers all around camp (which, one month on, are still there. I consider this my legacy), and my colleagues, who have only known me for 1.5 days, had to disinfect the whole office AND my bunk. Thankfully, we're still friends........ or so I think....

At first only my bunkmate, Keith, got it right after our graduation parade (pics on Instagram, lazy post here lol). He was diagnosed the very next day on a Friday.

Which was why when I realised I had 2 ulcers in my mouth (I haven't gotten ulcers since I took off my braces - hallelujah!), and had small, tingly bumps appear on my hands a few days after, my mind flashed back to the time when Keith and I were at Pasir Laba Camp's cookhouse and he used his cutlery to pass me his unwanted chicken wing, and I passed him 2 of my ngoh hiangs.

And I was also reminded that the very next day after returning our parade-wear, we went to Sushi Express where he and I shared a slice of unagi, which was delicious. That, and also another instance where we basically shared saliva. Aka indirectly made out. Cue mental imagery.

So friends, HFMD is very real and can happen to adults. Also to all my friends who study / are studying Medicine, I know you've been taught that HFMD is transmitted through fecal-oral contact, but I can guarantee I did not involve (and I will NEVER involve) in any scat fetish activity.

But to be honest, I've always had a weak immune system so that's probably why I got it. Contrary to popular belief HFMD is not common in adults AT ALL (I have become a self-proclaimed expert in HFMD, because I had nothing to do during my 7-day MC except research about my own disease, and watch 2 seasons of Friends).

I even went to Pink Dot (which I am technically not allowed to, and I'm not sure if I can be arrested for it. And I'm not referring to the homosexhusness of it, I'm referring to HFMD.) and nobody got hurt. Other than the fact that my friends freaked the shit out 2-3 days later when they got "symptoms" for HFMD, when it ended up not even being it! Cheebyes.


Anyway some life updates! Turns out, I got posted back to my vocation's training school, which I was totally surprised by, because I only knew I was interviewed to be the personal assistant for DB's commandant, lol.

Turns out I was posted to be the personal assistant for my school's CO. For the civilians reading this, it basically means I am the slutty secretary of the school principal whose duties include replying emails, and bitches about anything and everything as a pastime. And if you know me, you'd know that's soOOoOooOoooOooOoo me, and I feel so lucky. This is basically my poly internship with a less stressful job and a 50% pay raise. Plus, it's going back to a familiar place.

Am also thinking of going back to Japan in September wooo! Hopefully I don't die or sth

No comments:

Post a Comment